Blank Change Canvas (PDF)
The Change Canvas is a 1-page template powered by the powerful insights about change of the Adaptive Leadership framework and the participative and user-friendly ways of Design Thinking Methodologies.
Like a canvas on which to paint, the Change Canvas allows change-makers to explain their idea for change to other people whom they want to involve in their initiative. Like on a canvas, they can paint an existing change and make it tangible and easier to understand.
The Change Canvas assumes that the work of change requires:
- Assessing reality (boxes 1, 2, 3) rather than focusing on what to do, why you’re doing it or yourself;
- Recognizing your own purpose (box 4) rather than assuming that your good intentions are enough for success;
- Knowing the risk you face when trying to make change happen (box 5) rather than minimizing it or exaggerating it;
- Identifying you next critical goal, that is pacing the work by breaking down your aspiration (box 6) rather than going for too much too soon;
- Thinking politically about your change (boxes 7, 8, 9) rather than ignoring the political reality of the context; and
- Planning the next action to make progress (box 10).
Download this PDF and print it.
Print on a large paper to use it with your team.